Sustainability is one of the core management philosophies at CPSL. We have embedded best practices into every aspect of the operations, from the design of the Cathay Pacific Cargo Terminal to daily operational procedures, to achieve high environmental standards.
CPCT is the first air cargo terminal which has installed the chilled-ceiling air-conditioning system, reducing up to 40% of energy consumption. In addition, we have implemented various measures to ensure sustainability across the Terminal:
- High performance cladding is used at the exterior of CPCT to minimise damage and the need for replacement.
- Energy is re-generated by the movement of the Materials Handling System.
- The emitted heat from the air-conditioning system is recycled for the hot water supply.
- Where possible, waste separation is handled at source.
- Electric vehicles are used to support green airport operations.
Our policies provide us a robust framework to manage the environmental, social and economic risks and opportunities of our business decisions.